What’s included in your eye exam?
Comprehensive Eye Exams
Determine your eyewear prescription and evaluate your eyes for their overall health.
- Updated glasses prescription
- Complete eye health examination including dilation
- Visual field testing
- Retinal photographs
- Glaucoma check/risk assessment
- Ocular Coherence Tomography, the latest advancement in retinal imaging, comparable to an ultrasound
- Education on the health of your eyes
As necessary or by request:
- Colour vision test
- Scans and measurements of the cornea
- Imaging of the outer surfaces of the eyes
- Referrals to ophthalmologists for cataract surgery and other eye health concerns
- Reports and letters for your employer, school, insurance company, and anyone else who requires information on your ocular health.
Pediatric Eye Exams
The Canadian Association of Optometrists recommends that children should have their eyes checked by an optometrist at age 6 months, again at 2 years, before they start school, and yearly once they are in school.
If your child has a valid B.C. CareCard, this will cover their appointment fees until their nineteenth birthday. We encourage you to bring your little ones in as many times per year as necessary.
Contacts Lens Examination
Our optometrists will help you choose the best type of contact lens for your eyes, and ensure they fit well and provide optimal vision.
All contact lens appointments include one on one time with an optical dispenser to learn (or refresh yourself!) on how to safely insert, remove, and store your contact lenses.
We keep appointments available for ocular emergencies, such as:
- Sudden vision Loss
- Double vision
- Onset of flashing lights and floaters
- Foreign body (dirt, debris, or other materials in eye).
- Red or painful eyes
- Eye infections
- Inflammation of the eyes or eyelids
- Injury to eye
- Scratched eye
- Uncomfortable or itchy eyes
- Dislodged or painful contact lens
For urgent concerns, please call the office. Please note that all urgent concerns are reviewed and triaged accordingly by an optometrist.
Our optical boutique features over 400 hand selected frames. We carry everything from fashion-forward styles to functional staple pieces. Our selection is constantly changing!
Book Your Appointment
Contact Lens Store
Customer Satisfaction Survey
Hours and Location
Admirals Walk Optometry Clinic
106-1505 Admirals Road
Victoria, BC V9A 2P8